Blogging in the Classroom

While attending the University of South Alabama we were required to take a class called Microcomputing Systems in Education. In this class, the world of technology was opened up to us. We made a blog page, which was very interesting and I think it would be great to use in the classroom. I think that students can write daily topics and leave comments on other students' pages. Students will learn how to use the computer and they will know how to blog. I know when I was in school we did nothing like blogging. We played educational games on the computer which were very boring after time to time. Of course, this would have to be approved by the school's principal. I believe that students would love this part of the day because they would learn things like the keyboard and how to socialize with classmates. In this day and age we have Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter and I believe elementary age students should not have an account with those social networks. Therefore, students can blog about vocabulary words or what they did for the weekend. Most of all, it is free and I think it would be a great asset to the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment